Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Million Dollar Dog

Steve got Belle for me the Christmas before we got married. I really wanted a little daschund but Steve held out for a while until someone we knew had some daschund puppies for sale. Belle is 5 years old now and can't seem to keep herself out of the vet's office. She had almost poisoned herself twice (once with grapes and once with a plant outside) and ate some panties once that got stuck in her stomach. Needless to say, we have spent more than we ever thought we would in vet bills. In November, Belle lost movement in her back legs and we found out that she would have to have back surgery to correct it. Steve was not in favor of this due to the expense of it, but he let her have it because I love this dog so much. Thankfully, it worked and she is doing really well and back to normal now. I just pray that she stays out of the vets office for a while so that Steve will let her stay around for a little longer!!

No comments: